Standard: I toVII
A progressive learning programme is designed for the junior classes. Students learn & acquire knowledge from various sources in an entirely stress free and enjoyable environment. There are no formal tests or examinations. Students are guided, observed and assessed on the basis of their day to day performance in scholastic & co-scholastic disciplines on a regular basis. The spoken ability of the students has improved and they experience no stage fright.
a) In Languages, they are judged on Reading, Recitation, Writing Ability, Listening Ability, Debate, Extempore, and Speech Ability.
b) In Mathematics, their Calculations, Application, Mental Ability & Practical Activities are taken into account.
c) In Sciences, Social Sciences & EVS, their Clarity of Concepts, Practical Activities and Projects are seen.
d) In Computers, their Clarity of Concepts, Practical Application & Knowledge of Hardware Technology is checked.
e) In World Vision, their Current Affairs update, General Awareness & Travelogue based on the knowledge of place in India & World.
f) Their Cultural & Creative Accomplishment, their Sports Activities as participation in Games, Stamina & Decorum in playground is checked.
g) Their personality is observed on Politeness, Courtesy, Uniform, Respect for Elders, Interaction with Peers, Health & Safety Habits etc. and is graded.
The record of development is sent to the parents under all these heads is sent thrice a year i.e.
1. Appraisal – April to August
2. Appraisal – September to December
3. Appraisal – January to March
We do not have general FA’s & SA’s in junior classes but regular written assignments & orals are graded by the teachers.
Standard: VIII – Ix
|– First term – FA1(10%)+FA2(10%)+SA1 (30%) = 50%
– Second term – FA3(10%)+FA4(10%)+SA2 (30%) = 50%
Formative Assessment(FA)1+2+3+4 = 40%
Summative Assessment(SA) 1+2 = 60%
CGPA(Cumulative Grade point Average) will be provided excluding additional 6th subject as per Scheme of Studies.
STUDENTS ARE ASSESSED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING GRADES
GRADE MARKS RANGE
|A-1||127 – 140|
|A-2||113 – 126|
|B-1||99 – 112|
|B-2||85 – 98|
|C1||71 – 84|
|C2||57 – 70|
|D||46 – 56|
|E1||29 – 45|
|E2||0 – 28|
FOR THE INFORMATION OF THE PARENTS
- The Achievement Card is a comprehensive record of the child’s periodic performance.
- Continuous assessment for every subject is recorded in the Achievement Card to help the parents to observe the progress of their ward. Regular attendance is therefore essential to help the child to maintain his/her performance.
- Parents are requested to observe the performance of their ward & thus help us in improving the child’s overall progress.
- The progress Achievement Card should be signed by both the parents/guardian (in the absence of parents) and sent back to the school within two days of its issue.
- For all round development of the child, participation in various activities designed for the development of total personality of the child is essential.
- Outstanding performance in these activities will be rewarded in the form of appreciation marks / certificates.
- The child should attend school regularly and punctually. Only in case of illness or unexpected circumstances the attendance will be condoned, otherwise 100% attendance is desirable. All Saturdays other than IInd and last are working.
- Scholarships are awarded by the school for outstanding performance of the student.