LENDING A HELPING HAND:
Sthali family wishes to spread smile to as many as possible. Invoked with the feeling of patriotism and filled with infinite zest for mother land the students of Manav Sthali School always volunteer to help in many other ways besides monetary contribution. Manav Sthali has and always will be committed & will be in forefront for rendering relief & support as and when required.
The schools curriculum & pedagogy ensures that students are socially aware & understand their duty towards humankind & society. Eradication of illiteracy from weaker sections of society has been the prime objective of the school.
This commitment dates back to year 1988 when the late Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi launched National Literacy Mission (NLM). Therefore, the school students have imparted the gift of literacy to more than 11,000 illiterate citizens.
The dedicated efforts of the students have been recognized by the State Resource Centre of the Jamia Milia Islamia University, which has awarded Manav Sthali the Sufia Ajmali Memorial Trophy for six consecutive years 1990-1996, for imparting literacy to the maximum no. of people. For continuous three years, the school has been the proud recipient of the UNICEF Trophy for outstanding work in the field of adult Literacy. Currently the school has around 850 volunteers working in the literacy & post literacy programmes.
Manav Sthali School has been closely involved in the Education For All (EFA) project launched by the Delhi Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Samiti. A portion of Bappa Nagar area was adopted successfully under the project, & the school has adopted slum dwellings behind Ahimsa Bhavan, near Rajendra Nagar to spearhead complete literacy programmes. The school Improvement Programme initiated in August 2001 as a Twinning Programme has been a successful step towards a brighter future. The bonds of mutual understanding between schools in the programme have strengthened because the school shared their material & human resources in the past years with several other schools.
Awards & Appreciation:
- School was awarded with ‘Sufia Ajmali Memorial Trophy’ by State Resource Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia for six consecutive years from 1990-96 for making maximum illiterates literate.
- Awarded the UNICEF Trophy for contribution towards Adult Literacy for the year 1996-97 and 1997-98.
- Trophy awarded by Dr. Harshvardhan, Minister for Health Education under National Service Scheme for Distinguished and Commendable Contribution to the society in the field of “Education for All” on 23rd April 1998.
- Manav Sthali School awarded Sufia Ajmali Memorial Running Trophy under Literacy Project – 29th April 2010 for making the highest no. of learner’s literates. 02 scholarships of Rs. 300/-each were presented to Ms. Neha learner of Lehar Bhandari of class X F & Ms. Sapna learner of Pulkit Batra of IX F of Manav Sthali School. Ms. Shalu Kochar teacher of Manav Sthali School was appreciated for her excellent work towards Literacy in 2010.
- Manav Sthali School awarded Sufia Ajmali Memorial Running Trophy under Literacy Project – 23rd June 2011 for making the highest no. of illiterates literates -1044 learners literate
- [email protected] Manav Sthali School was awarded Sufia Ajmali Memorial Running Trophy and certificate for best performance in MPFL by state Resource Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia for making highest no. 1044 of learners literate.The trophy & certificate was presented to Mamta V Bhatnagar Director & Founder Principal Manav Sthali School at a function organized on 23rd June 2011 at SpringDales School, Dhaula Kaun, New Delhi.
- [email protected] Manav Sthali School was awarded Sufia Ajmali Memorial Running Trophy and certificate for best performance in MPFL by state Resource Centre, Jamia Milia Islamia for making highest no. 1205 of learners literate. The trophy & certificate was presented to Mamta V Bhatnagar Director & Founder Principal Manav Sthali School at a function organized on 2nd May 2012 at SpringDales School, Dhaula Kaun, New Delhi.
- Manav Sthali School is awarded HENRY SELZ FOUNDATION TROPHY and making second highest no. 1205 of learners literate for the session 2012-13. The trophy & certificate was presented to Mamta V Bhatnagar Director & Founder Principal Manav Sthali School at a function organized on 2nd May 2013 at Spring Dales School, Dhaula Kaun, New Delhi.This year 2013 the school will also be working on the project “INTERVENTIONS TO SAVE THE GIRL CHILD” under Delhi School Literacy Project.
KARGIL SHAHEED SAMITI SAMAROH:
With patriotic emotions suffused in the heart of Manav Sthali, we pledge to uphold the dignity and honor of our motherland and become worthy citizens of the country.
The aim is to help the less privileged people & at the same time inculcate a sense of social responsibility among our students & create empathy in them for the disadvantaged sections of the society. Manav Sthali School forwards financial contribution to social causes every year and has long association with organizations like Help age – India, Red Cross, Teri & A Tree.
The school organized a KARGIL SHAHEED SAMITI SAMAROH in the year 1999 & honored Kargil Martyrs. The school adopted their families and collected humble amount of Rs. 7, 40,000/- towards this poignant cause. Post KARGIL phase the students also visited the army base hospital to meet the valiant jawans and wish them a speedy recovery with handmade cards and gifts. Jawans were also presented a cheque of Rs. 1 lakh as a gesture of respect and acknowledgment of their sacrifice. School revisited the army hospital on Raksha Bandhan to tie RAKHIS to the kargil heroes and to express their prayers for a long life and safety of all the jawans at borders.
SOCIAL AWARNESS CAMPAIGNS:
The school has also been actively involved in the Pulse Polio Immunization and AIDS awareness projects. The school’s contribution towards Indian Red Cross Society has been duly recognized for promoting Junior Red Cross Programs in school for two consecutive years i.e. 1996-97, 1997-98. Maldives and Russian Delegations have also visited our school under N.S.S. Exchange Program.
Dengue Prevention Project has been successfully launched in August 1998 under the National Service Scheme and Manav Sthali School has been appointed as the Zonal Co-ordinator for Zone-28 under the same scheme.
FINANCIAL & IN-KIND SUPPORT:
Manav Sthali School forwards financial and in-kind contribution to social causes every year.
- HELP AGE INDIA:Manav Sthali organized a programme “Our commitment towards helping society” on August 18, 2003. As a token of love & affection, Manav Sthali School presented a cheque of Rs. 1, 45,181/- raised by the students to Major General I.S. Dillon, Director General, Help Age India.
- TSUNAMI RELIEF FUND:The Staff & students of Manav Sthali School extended their whole hearted contribution to help the people suffering from Tsunami Calamity. Responding to the cause Manav Sthali School contributed an amount of Rs. 1, 11,000/- (One Lac Eleven Thousand) vide draft in favor of C.B.S.E. & also contributed towards Chief Minister’s Relief Fund an amount of Rs. 2,36,353/- ( Two lakh Thirty Six Thousand Three Hundred Fifty Three Only).
- PRAYAS: Home for the HomelessAnother initiative to contribute to our society and to cultivate compassion and sensitize our students, Manav Sthali associated with “PRAYAS”.The student’s donated woolen clothes wholeheartedly to “Prayas” (shelter home for neglected & street children) and exemplified an act of humanity. The students compassionately collected books, notebooks, pencils, bags etc. as an expression of equality to the deprived and underprivileged. The students visit various centers during festivals to celebrate with the unfortunate ones and try to bring a moment of joy and happiness in their lives.
- SMILE FOUNDATION:Manav Sthali School has long association with non government organizations like Help age – India, Red Cross, Teri & A Tree. And as a token of love & affection Mrs. Mamta V Bhatnagar, Director & Founder Principal, Manav Sthali School, presented a Draft of Rs.75, 783/- (Seventy Five Thousand Seven hundred eighty three) contributed by the students of Manav Sthali School to SMILE FOUNDATION, an NGO working towards health & education of the underprivileged on Fifth December 2012.
AWARDS & APPRECIATION in the field:
- Mrs. Mamta Bhatnagar, Director, Manav Sthali School honored with the World Human Rights Promotion Award 2003 on the occasion of 5th World Human Rights Congress organized by Indian Institute of Human Rights at India International Centre on 11th December 2003, for commendable work done by her in the field of Promotion of Human Rights
- International Association of Educators for World Peace (An affiliate of UN) has certified her outstanding contribution. Human Rights Millennium Award was conferred for understanding the importance of the role of Human Rights Education in the Global Context. Presented on the occasion of Global Assembly of Educators for World Peace, Environment and Human Rights held from 23rd to 29th December 2000 at India International Centre, New Delhi.